We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Wrong DC

alanr
29/01/2014, 21h38
The PayPal dispute has been successful; OVH couldn't even be bothered to contest the PayPal dispute; the only down side to that was that I had to wait for a default award by PayPal, rather than it being dealt with speedily; but then again, I guess that's par for the course now with OVH.

So, to summarise;

1) OVH PayPal chargeback successful
2) Because of OVH's attitude; 2 other Dedicated servers moved from OVH to another provider.

I was a happy customer; but I, like others, will show my thoughts on your appalling customer service by moving all services elsewhere.

Alan

alanr
16/01/2014, 22h33
Well, when you fail to respond within a reasonable time period, then I had no choice.

Alan

JennyOVH
16/01/2014, 18h40
Hello,

I can see that you have already done a charge back with paypal.

Best regards

alanr
16/01/2014, 17h39
Paypal claim ref: PP-002-901-339-921 filed.

alanr
16/01/2014, 15h19
Any response before I contact PayPal?

alanr
15/01/2014, 23h28
Tom; I contracted a server at a specific data centre; it was provisioned at the wrong data centre.

I am not disputing the time taken to deploy the server, I'm disputing that it was not provisioned as per my contract with you (i.e., at the correct data centre).

I'd be grateful if you could request the refund again; otherwise I shall be forced to put a dispute through with PayPal.

Many thanks

Alan

TomOVH
15/01/2014, 19h35
Hello,

According to the kimsufi.com contract, which operates under French law, if you have not received your server within 7 days after placing the order, then you are entitled to request a refund. I'm afraid in this case you are not entitled to a refund. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

alanr
14/01/2014, 13h48
Hi Tom,

Just wondered if there was an update?

Thanks
Alan

alanr
13/01/2014, 16h55
Hi Tom,

Yes; that's what I've asked for; I have already repurchased the server, and this time it was provisioned in the correct DC (RBX not SBG), and spent the weekend redoing all the config on the RBX what I'd done on the one that you provisioned at the incorrect DC. The one at SBG can be destroyed and recycled.

TomOVH
13/01/2014, 11h54
Hello,

Apologies for our delayed response. If you would like, I can make a request to see if it is possible to refund your server for you. Please let me know if you'd like me to do this.

alanr
13/01/2014, 11h15
Still no response; just an email saying:
Thank you for signing up to OVH Forum! We are delighted that you have chosen to belong to our community and hope you'll be happy to stay there.

Thank you again,
The team OVH Forum
Well; it's not looking too good so far!

alanr
10/01/2014, 12h23
I've purchased another server; which has been provisioned in the correct DC. Please can someone contact me to arrange the refund on the wrong DC server!

alanr
09/01/2014, 18h55
Can someone contact me so that I can get a refund; to allow me to reorder in the hope that you'll provision in the correct DC?

alanr
09/01/2014, 16h54
Hi,

Customer ID: ra120528-ks
Invoice: KSFR4903

I've just realised that the server I've been assigned is in the wrong DC! I had two options; RBX (120sec) or SBG (72h); wanting to get started on things, I chose RBX, and the server was delivered within a reasonable time (30 mins), so never doubted that it was in RBX.

It's only after I've spent time configuring it, that I've done some traceroutes and discovered that it is at SBG, and appears less well connected to Europe than my other KS server which is at RBX (double the latency from UK & Holland).

How do I go about getting the server provisioned correctly from the right DC?

Thanks

Alan