We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Not Option to Install Windows Server 2008 - Please Refund

TomOVH
20/01/2014, 12h08
Citation Envoyé par BenF
http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....Refund-Request hmmm this guy got a refund even though he had a server active? how come the rest of us cant get a refund when in the exact same situation
Hi BenF,

As stated in our Terms of Service, we can only grant a refund if a customer is waiting over 7 working days for their server. That was the reason a refund was given in this case.

OroSaiwa
18/01/2014, 00h57
Monitoring can now be disabled

BenF
17/01/2014, 23h44
http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....Refund-Request hmmm this guy got a refund even though he had a server active? how come the rest of us cant get a refund when in the exact same situation

BenF
17/01/2014, 20h10
no point asking for a refund, they wont give... i even emailed them and yet another copy and paste reply..

my email goes like this "Hi, May i get a refund please OR a migration to a SoYouStart Server "http://www.soyoustart.co.uk/offers/sys-w35-3.xml" to this package please. as it states in your Terms and conditions im entitled to a refund within 7 days, i havnt used the server at all apart from trying linux out and i have 0 experience in linux, all i wanted to do was have Windows Server 2008 and because i didnt get the choice between an old Kimsufi server or a new one, i didnt get windows as i hoped like my friend who has 5 servers with windows 2008 and this is only 1 server for now and will be looking to buy a lot more if im satisfied because me and a few friends wish to start our own GSP, and at the moment im appalled with support on the forums saying No refunds for every excuse they give. a migration to this package would be more beneficial "http://www.soyoustart.co.uk/offers/sys-w35-3.xml". Thanks Ben."

the bullshit reply i get is

Hello,
We can only refund servers which take longer than 7 days to be delivered. Since your server was delivered in less than 24 hours I'm afraid we cannot grant you a refund.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other queries regarding this or any other issue.
Regards,
Tom
OVH.ie Support Team

did they not read what i put? or a transer/migration to another server...

prepu
17/01/2014, 17h10
Hi TomOVH,

I have the same situation. I am client of the kimsufi 2013 and thought that I had the posibility of install Windows Server 2008 R2, like my other server. What is unbelieveble is to use the same name (kimsufi) and publish that we have "60 distributions pré-installables" and until we have placed the order (and paid, of course) we don't know that there is no windows installation available. It is not fair!

I am asking as well for a refund. I am client: pd93954-ks with the commande 25076767.

Thanks.

TomOVH
17/01/2014, 14h19
Hello,

As my colleague has already stated we cannot grant any refunds, as we never advertised Windows as being an available option for Kimsufi servers on our website.

nbig
17/01/2014, 12h52
Hello,
Starting on dedicated server, I thought that I could install the OS I want on an dedicated server, but I just come to open and pay 37,90 Euros (invoice KSFR6610) a Kimsufi "Serveur Kimsufi - 16G E3-1225v2 SoftRaid 2x500 Go - 1 mois" server and I discovered that you cannot install Windows servers that I need.
I do not new Linux servers.
It should be logical that you refund. Can you see that point to refund quickly, please? Because it is clear that you offer is not clear when you subscribe.
So, it should be abusive to not refund when the offer is not clear and Windows was possible before 2014.
Do we have a another means to install Windows server on those kind of server ?
Thank you for your quick and positive feedback,

fg5923
16/01/2014, 22h37
Now my server won't reboot/change netboot....

"The requested object (id = 23) does not exist"

BenF
16/01/2014, 19h23
i agree 1000000000%
Citation Envoyé par fg5923
That's ridiculous. I never would of ordered in the first place if I would of known such an important feature had been removed.

If you won't refund me for a server that I have no use for, can you at least turn off monitoring, so I can install the operating system myself?

fg5923
16/01/2014, 19h15
Citation Envoyé par JennyOVH
Hello,

It does not say on the Kimsufi site that Windows can be installed on the Kimsufi servers. Therefore the server that was delivered to you met the terms of the contract so unfortuntely a refund will not be possible in this situation.

Best Regards
That's ridiculous. I never would of ordered in the first place if I would of known such an important feature had been removed.

If you won't refund me for a server that I have no use for, can you at least turn off monitoring, so I can install the operating system myself?

BenF
16/01/2014, 19h14

JennyOVH
16/01/2014, 19h04
Hello,

These would be older Kimsufi servers. The new 2014 Kimsufi servers do not have a windows option yet. It will hopefully be added in the next few weeks.

Best Regards

BenF
16/01/2014, 18h45
How come people i know have Windows Server 2008 on theirs.. and they also have options for 2003 aswell, using kimsufi

JennyOVH
16/01/2014, 18h37
Hello,

It does not say on the Kimsufi site that Windows can be installed on the Kimsufi servers. Therefore the server that was delivered to you met the terms of the contract so unfortuntely a refund will not be possible in this situation.

Best Regards

BenF
16/01/2014, 18h37
I Was hope for "Windows Server 2008" like my friend has on his Kimsufi box, but i only have "Windows Hyper-V Server 2008 R2" which has no GUI and the same with linux, i have no idea what the hell i am doing. No idea about linux. and im a first time buyer of something like this, so practically i just spent loads of money for something i cant even use

OroSaiwa
16/01/2014, 18h21
The problem is the monitoring. It's still active I guess and there's no option to turn it off.

fg5923
16/01/2014, 16h40
I'm trying these guys as a last ditch attempt, seeing as Kimsufi clearly don't give a damn about their customers anymore.:

http://alteron.net/managed-hosting/windows-install/

OroSaiwa
16/01/2014, 14h06
Guess I'll do the same. I have to renew the OVH server tomorrow. Can't afford keeping two servers.

fg5923
16/01/2014, 11h20
Where the hell is the support?

Paypal dispute opened.

fg5923
15/01/2014, 13h23
Bump

fg5923
14/01/2014, 14h09
Hi,

I thought I'd be able to install Server 2008 like I could on my old Kimsufi server. Can you please cancel & refund to my paypal.