We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

i bought a server and i want windows server 2008

TomOVH
20/01/2014, 12h45
Citation Envoyé par BenF
Hello,

Please refrain from using this language on the forum or we will be forced to delete your account. This is the only warning you will receive regarding this issue.

mjwebhosting
19/01/2014, 12h02
And if you look good.
You see below at the site that there is no windows logo at the os part.

nowwhat
19/01/2014, 03h27
Me neither.
But BenF wanted to see something - and he saw it.

Knowing that a Windows license is at least 20 € / 25 $ a month (Windows is NOT for free !!) and that isn't mentioned no-where - because it isn't an option, neither billed, doesn't seem to bother.
Yeah, right: Windows for Free.
Go on dreaming ......

As said elsewhere on this forum by an OVH member: Windows 2008/2012 is coming in a couple of weeks.
And when that arrives, that information will show it here : http://www.kimsufi.com/en/#included - and even then: before ordering CHECK ON THE USERS FORUMS - read first - ask questions, then command.

Rancor
19/01/2014, 02h23
Hi,

i can only see a FreeBSD and Linux logo at the "Administration" box at:

http://www.kimsufi.com/en/#included

Where have you seen any windows logo?

BenF
18/01/2014, 23h52
eKKO i quote
Citation Envoyé par JennyOVH
Hello,

Unfortunately Windows is not available on the Kimsufi servers and the website does not say that it is available. It shows under the distributions section the icons of the distributions that are available. Therefore unfortunately a refund is not possible in this situation. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards
she clearly says Icons are shown.. im saying Images are shown..

eKKo
18/01/2014, 18h28
BenF, are you serious?

If I go to the shop, I don't expect them to list all of the items that they DON'T supply. Be realistic.

It's very obvious from the website, exactly what services the new Kimsufi Brand is offering. I've been a customer with OVH under the Kimsufi brand for almost 3 years now, and I have nothing but praise for them. They are offering you servers that are far cheaper than anyone else, so you have to expect that there are certain features that won't be available.

TL;DR: Put down the crack pipe and stop talking shit.

BenF
17/01/2014, 23h39
Citation Envoyé par JennyOVH
Hello,

It is not misleading advertising as that implies that it says on the site it is available. It does not say on the Kimsufi site that Windows is available on these servers

Best regards
it is misleading, like it says on your site "Triple electrical supply"... where my Triple electrical supply then? i bought that service from you and i havnt got no Triple electrical supply to my house, like you say Kimsufi support people say it doesnt state on the site that its for the server and wheres my "60 pre-installable distributions" i want it on a CD Please, also where on your site does it say Linux only? it doesnt. You guys are sooooo bad, you literally 0 Information your website

Also if your going buy your website rules ill go by them too, where does it say on your site that you DONT supply windows? you wanna be ***, ill be one too, where on your terms and conditions does it say you dont issue refunds? where on your site does it say you DONT supply Linux, dont *** reply me with a copy and paste or something like It shows a picture of a linux logo, you think that valid information? your website shows a picture of a guy by some servers, do i get him with my order? where does it say i dont get him with my order? " https://www.kimsufi.com/uk/images/img-baie-2.png "

nowwhat
17/01/2014, 21h43
Since the vKVM options was dropped from KS (some where in 2012) installing your own OS became very difficult, if not impossible.
Pre installed Windows Server X was possible up until juin 2013 IF you paid the License when you choosed the Windows OS when you were ordering the (KS) server.
During some time, a base install was possible if you had a Licence key already.
This came to an end because Microsft did NOT accept this anymore.
To many 'cheap' servers with 'cheap' (hacked) license keys.

Al started here : http://forum.kimsufi.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-653.html - have a look at the second post, which is translated.

Citation Envoyé par immobilizer
Blame OVH for that. These restrictios are awfull. The worst is that no addon ips allowed more!
This has been discussed last year on the news groups, forums (this one, the big one: forum.ovh.com), Twitter .....
The KS is and has been defined as a training server for beginners - for those who really don't no nothing about anything, and I might as well add: those who can't / won't read / document before buying. Sorry for being rude.

IPFailovers were dropped because they need boatloads of smart-switches (not the ones that cost 10 $ a piece) and a lot of managing issues.
But the KEY issue of a KS is and was: DROP all the options - HIGH and ONLY priority is the PRICE.

A spare 100 Go backup space: dropped !

Free IPv6 /64 range: dropped.

OVH still offers the possibility to pre-install Windows 2008 R2 2012 etc - but you have to shift over to the SYS versions, or shop at OVH.COM

Some others numbers: only 7 % of all OVH servers run with Windows.
Running Windows on a KS (the ones before mid 2013) never was a good deal: running a high end server OS on a very low end server is not lasting longtime.
KEEP your KS - gives you a good backup server - 50 % of every Windows server is re-installed every year ... maybe the admin didn't invest in a multi $$$$ MicroSoft training course ).

prepu
17/01/2014, 18h49
So... you cannot offer me any other solution than to pay a server for nothing and wait 1 month to buy one in another isp like online.net?

JennyOVH
17/01/2014, 18h41
Hello,

It is not misleading advertising as that implies that it says on the site it is available. It does not say on the Kimsufi site that Windows is available on these servers

Best regards

prepu
17/01/2014, 18h35
Jenny, so what is the solution for me? I mean, I bought a PS-26 to install a windows server 2008. What can I do now? What kind of solution can you offer me?

Jenny, it is very stupid to say that we have to look for the icons to know the distributions you offer. In my country that is called misleading advertising.

JennyOVH
17/01/2014, 17h37
Hello,

Unfortunately Windows is not available on the Kimsufi servers and the website does not say that it is available. It shows under the distributions section the icons of the distributions that are available. Therefore unfortunately a refund is not possible in this situation. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards

immobilizer
17/01/2014, 15h12
Citation Envoyé par prepu
What I cannot believe is that I have to pay somebody to install a system that I had in a former ovh server.
Blame OVH for that. These restrictios are awfull. The worst is that no addon ips allowed more!

prepu
17/01/2014, 14h01
What I cannot believe is that I have to pay somebody to install a system that I had in a former ovh server.

immobilizer
17/01/2014, 12h01
http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....931#post125931

prepu
17/01/2014, 10h48
I have just received my new server and I have the same problem. I have a SPLA license and I cannot see where can I insert the serial number and the install Windows Server 2008.
I think it is a totally lack of information about the preinstallations. Can anybody of OVH ( or Kimsufi) tell me if this is going to change? Otherwise I would like a refund of the server. I have commande 25076767.

Thanks.

aa243110-ks‏
17/01/2014, 04h02
if tomorrow they will not put, i'll do chargeback.

BenF
17/01/2014, 04h00
NOPE! u've been ripped off just like the rest of us on the forums!

aa243110-ks‏
17/01/2014, 03h59
Citation Envoyé par BenF
do you think they will not put?

BenF
17/01/2014, 03h49

aa243110-ks‏
17/01/2014, 03h42
hi i bought a server and i want windows server 2008, but you have only hyper-v, what can i do? maybe shall you install me a desktop version of windows please? my id is " aa243110-ks‏ ".. thanks for your time