We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I bought the "120 sec" server more than a day ago

timychann
27/01/2014, 15h23
Citation Envoyé par Msan
why advertise that time then????
I think it depends on the time when you order, I got mine really quick and some people are still waiting.
Putting something like 120s - 7 days does get confusing. Servers have been delivered in 1 min, 2min etc, but you just don't hear about it.

Think of it this way, the forums here are for support for people who have not received their server, questions before committing to buying a server, and troubleshooting hardware failures. Why would people make a thread saying they received their server in 120s when they have to make an account, even though they don't need any support?

Msan
27/01/2014, 05h36
why advertise that time then????

TomOVH
22/01/2014, 14h20
Citation Envoyé par Chris2014
It says 120 seconds server activation after payment, but you waited for 4 days and only on the 5th day they found you a server. so is like 5 days x 24 hours = 120 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds = 432,000 seconds it takes to find and setup a server for you. Wow..
Hello,

We are experiencing a high demand for our Kimsufi servers at the moment, so it isn't always possible to deliver them within the advertised time however we are working our hardest to deliver them.

emerge
22/01/2014, 07h34
Oh Jesus! I'm curious about on my server, when supplied it ... emerge. I'm going to see how long are 72 hours???

Chris2014
22/01/2014, 06h27
It says 120 seconds server activation after payment, but you waited for 4 days and only on the 5th day they found you a server. so is like 5 days x 24 hours = 120 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds = 432,000 seconds it takes to find and setup a server for you. Wow..

JennyOVH
21/01/2014, 18h14
Hello,

I see your server was delivered to you yesterday. Apologies for the delay it was due to low stock at the time of your order.

Best regards

Dark Shogun
21/01/2014, 05h53
Citation Envoyé par DefinitelyNotMe
I have received the server today.
That's good to hear. I figured that would be the case. Good luck with everything.

Dark Shogun

DefinitelyNotMe
20/01/2014, 15h53
I have received the server today.

nigel
19/01/2014, 20h07
I don't think they activate servers on the weekend. There seems to be a pattern of delay from people who order them on a Friday or later.

DefinitelyNotMe
19/01/2014, 13h35
This would be my personal server strictly speaking (I do however run some services for my friends) and while my hypothetical business isn't losing hypothetical sales money and nobody is paying for my time administrating it I still put up my own money and my own time (which both obviously are valuable for me). I wanted to do the migration over the weekend and while I didn't believe my server would be up and running literally 120 seconds after making the payment I sure didn't expect I will write this on the 4th day of waiting. Or did I? It's the same story repeating itself and I guess OVH didn't learn anything during these last 4 months of.. whatever.

Well, tomorrow then.

timychann
19/01/2014, 13h09
Citation Envoyé par Dark Shogun
If your server is business related I can definitely understand you wanting it right away and going off the 120 sec advertisement that is understandable.
I would normally agree with this, but then again, the kimsufi site says "OVH offers a unique range of affordable dedicated servers, aimed at newbie technophiles and geeks wanting to try their hand at managing a dedicated infrastructure. Students, individuals or beginner sysadmins"

Dark Shogun
19/01/2014, 08h09
Unfortunately they are a little slow with the manual payment verification. I ordered my server on a Thursday and got it on Monday morning and it was a 120 sec one also. Now I understand that it was about 5-6 pm EST which is early morning their time so there is latitude given. I received the emails that my server was setup Monday morning sometime between 1:00 am and 6:40 am EST (which is when I wake up). If your server is business related I can definitely understand you wanting it right away and going off the 120 sec advertisement that is understandable. If this is for personal use I would recommend giving it till sometime Monday because honestly can't beat the price elsewhere. Also I don't believe they are open on the weekends, at least for sever setups.

Dark Shogun

DefinitelyNotMe
19/01/2014, 02h59
If I'm not going to receive the server within the next 15 hours I will be forced to do a chargeback with my bank and migrate to another provider (I have another server with OVH and I won't keep it either). You're just holding my money for 3 days now on a "120 sec" order.

DefinitelyNotMe
17/01/2014, 19h08
And I've made a full payment with my credit card right away. Now at the order details it says it needs manual verification or something. I have not received any further email from you.

Order no is 25106863.

Thanks.