OVH Community, your new community space.

Can't install OS on server (also, FreeBSD 10.0 installation issues)

BBR
05/02/2014, 22h36
I had initially posted this thread in the English forum, but JennyOVH told me to post it here instead. I agree that it is a bit odd.
bizarre puisqu'il y a un forum en français et un en anglais, si le support envoie tout ici ça va être un peu compliqué, il y a bien un support sur la partie anglaise ?

Pricetx
05/02/2014, 20h37
I had initially posted this thread in the English forum, but JennyOVH told me to post it here instead. I agree that it is a bit odd.

BBR
05/02/2014, 20h11
http://forum.kimsufi.com/forumdispla...s-(KS)-English

Pricetx
05/02/2014, 19h54
This is just a followup to say that my server has been reset by a technician and I can now use it again. FreeBSD 10 rescue-pro still has that issue I mentioned, so I have installed 9.2 instead, and manually installed ZFS on root.

Pricetx
05/02/2014, 18h14
I'm sorry for this not being in French, But I was told to post this issue here by JennyOVH.

I was trying to boot into rescue-pro on FreeBSD 10.0, so that I could do a ZFS on root installation. However, it won't let me select it (and sadly, I didn't record the error, but it was two variables that hadn't been set, kernel something I believe).

I then tried installing FreeBSD 9.2, and from this point onwards I've not been able to get my server to do anything at all. No matter which OS I choose to install, it always gets permanently stuck at "Rebooting under InstallSystem", and eventually times out. This means that my server is currently totally un-usable.

It would be much appreciated if somebody at OVh could get my server into a usable state. I received an email stating that it would receive manual intervention, but this was an hour ago, and it is still not usable.

I'm unable to manually reboot the server, so I guess that the server is still in "manual intervention" mode, for the datacentre technicians. The email was dated 14:05 UTC, so it's now been in maintenance for almost 2 hours. My guess is also that this is why the installations always get "stuck" on rebooting, because they're being denied permission by the same system that stops me from using the restart button.

All of the above was on "ns309227.ip-94-23-244.eu", a PS-19. If you need my NIC/email address, private message me and I'll provide it.

Thanks,

Jonathan.