We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Restore data from ESXi 4

kreamer
08/12/2014, 13h50
A week pass already but soyoustart won't activate my account or answer me!

As this machine has VM's, they are pretty large to be copyed to the backup FTP.

Do you know a way for me to mount the VMs drive in rescue mode?

This may really help...

SD90078-OVH
05/12/2014, 11h43
hi,

maybe you can transfert your data to the backup ftp of your KS (if you have an old KS with IPFO, you also have a backup FTP)

then ask kimsufi to replace your HD, then copy your VM back to your server.

if you order a new kimsufi, you wonnt have IPFO, neither backup ftp.
you will have to go for a So You Start machine, a bit more expensive, but with everything needed for virtualisation and backup.

heise
05/12/2014, 04h33
Soyoustart also won't answer about activate my account as it seems they are using separate control panel now!
Yes they are. It is the same as new Kimsufi + few extras.

I guess if I order anything from kimsufi now, I will need new account as well...
Correct.

I already got ip's on my current server but its on the OVH control panel
If you have Kimsufi (old) in OVH with extra IP you can continue using them but besides that there is nothing else you can do (not move to other server, order more etc).

kreamer
05/12/2014, 03h51
I already got ip's on my current server but its on the OVH control panel, can I use them or transfer to the new server?

They kind of shithead, when I write to the support team over there they tell me to go to the forums.

Soyoustart also won't answer about activate my account as it seems they are using separate control panel now!

I guess if I order anything from kimsufi now, I will need new account as well...

heise
05/12/2014, 02h53
They have ESXi images for installation, but customers were complaining that without extra IP ESXi is pretty useless. Never used it, so can't help you. You should be able to install ESXi from the control panel on any kimsufi server, but everything beyond that point is up to you.

kreamer
05/12/2014, 02h36
So how can I get another server in the price range supported by ESXi so I can try to restore my data?

Kimsufi don't support ESXi now, any suggestions?

Citation Envoyé par heise
No software support with Kimsufi/Soyoustart/OVH. So sorry to say, you are on your own. If there is a hardware defect you will need to tell them over their website. I guess it will take weeks for them to get it fixed. They don't issue refunds or compensation days for the time lost. See unofficial FAQ on how to diagnose for yourself some common hardware problems.

heise
04/12/2014, 20h49
No software support with Kimsufi/Soyoustart/OVH. So sorry to say, you are on your own. If there is a hardware defect you will need to tell them over their website. I guess it will take weeks for them to get it fixed. They don't issue refunds or compensation days for the time lost. See unofficial FAQ on how to diagnose for yourself some common hardware problems.

kreamer
04/12/2014, 15h07
It seems that the drive unstable but I mounted the on the rescue mode, I wanted to get another machine similar to mine so hopefully I can restore the data and virtual machines to the new server, currently I don't see support for ESXi at the kimsufi new servers, the only service I can see that may be suitable is from "so you start" (another OVH company), I try to get a machine from them also but they didn't activate my account yet and won't reply any message.

Can I get a ESXi supported server from kimsufi?