OVH Community, your new community space.

Dont get any email with login information for server

nowwhat
13/12/2014, 17h34
Citation Envoyé par jboy1970
I am actually in the same boat. There is no mail with root password sent to my primary nor my back up mail after I reinstall Ubuntu. The server is useless now. Who or how can I get someone to help???
Please, don't write messages. Read them first, believe me, that's the way you will find the solution.
Start reading here: http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread....l=1#post186269

If you don't understand what happens - besides the fact that your mail host filters the mails from KS - then;: be more specific.

heise
13/12/2014, 12h29
Access Rescue mode with ssh keys. Or wait weeks until support answers after contacting them over their website.

jboy1970
13/12/2014, 04h42
I am actually in the same boat. There is no mail with root password sent to my primary nor my back up mail after I reinstall Ubuntu. The server is useless now. Who or how can I get someone to help???

nowwhat
12/12/2014, 01h14
Ah.
Confirm that you put a valid public key in the KS Manager.
That it accepted it.
THat you switched to rescue mode.
And rebooted the server.
Then, load into your ssh-client tool (like Putty) your private key, and connect to the server.
Its asking for a password after typing 'root' ?

mikkelbas
11/12/2014, 23h47
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Look again at what heise proposed above #2

The trick is: you boot in rescue mode - and you do not need the rescue-mail any more (wetter it was send to you, or not).
You have access.
Now, mount your partitions.
chroot into it.
set your root password.
Reboot in 'normal mode'

You have server SSH access.

So, basically, the solution is: stop wrting - start reading.

Btw: the only thing you can try is:
In the KS server Manager ( https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?lang=fr_FR#/login ) fill in the spare email.
Report to KS tech services that you want to change the current mail against the spare on.
And yes, this can take days, weeks ....
Problem is that when i try to login to server after i set in rescue mode, then it still asking for password?

nowwhat
11/12/2014, 14h33
Citation Envoyé par mikkelbas
I try set server in rescue pro mode, but then i should wait for password, this one I dont get too.
Look again at what heise proposed above #2

The trick is: you boot in rescue mode - and you do not need the rescue-mail any more (wetter it was send to you, or not).
You have access.
Now, mount your partitions.
chroot into it.
set your root password.
Reboot in 'normal mode'

You have server SSH access.

So, basically, the solution is: stop wrting - start reading.

Btw: the only thing you can try is:
In the KS server Manager ( https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/manager/?lang=fr_FR#/login ) fill in the spare email.
Report to KS tech services that you want to change the current mail against the spare on.
And yes, this can take days, weeks ....

radiomg
11/12/2014, 13h26
I have sent email to support, both commercial and hardware but dont get any answer yet. I did it for over 1 week ago. I only want to change my email in my control panel so i can receive my root password. Its stupid that they cant show the password in control-panel or i can change my email self..

heise
11/12/2014, 12h02
Setting ssh keys also doesn't work to log into rescue mode?

I have sent a message from support site many days ago, but still got no answer.
Yep, that's what other people report. It takes weeks to get an answer.

mikkelbas
11/12/2014, 02h07
Citation Envoyé par heise
See unofficial FAQ for further hints.
I have tried this.
I try set server in rescue pro mode, but then i should wait for password, this one I dont get too.

Is there not anyway to get help from support?
I have sent a message from support site many days ago, but still got no answer.

heise
10/12/2014, 01h07
I don't know why emails were not send to you after you installed an OS, but you can always boot to rescue mode, mount root partition, change root password and reboot server from hdd again. See unofficial FAQ for further hints.

mikkelbas
09/12/2014, 20h45
Hi,

I have just purcased my second kimsufi server, but i have a problem after i have installed server i dont get any logininformation for this.
My registered email is at my own .dk domain, so i dont know if system can have problem with sending emails for me?
Anyway i dont get any email and really need to use that password for login, else this second server is useless.

Hope someone can help.

Best regards,