We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Question

belotinski
12/12/2014, 03h33
Thank you for you answers,nowwhat.These were the kind of answers I was expecting .I wondered mainly about the first one to know if regular backups are important.Luckily I have a 50mbps line here in Bulgaria and plenty of space to back up about 15GB of data per month.Also the RBX and SBG datacenters show about 36mbps .Thank you again for the answers.

nowwhat
12/12/2014, 02h23
Answer:
First: read this: Kimsufi support is changing.
Now, when this is settled, and you understood that on this forum there are no KS employees anymore, I, as a KS client, I'll try to answer your questions.

1) No way. KS stands for KimSufi, some kind a dialect french that says "Enough for me".
This means : YOU admin your server. You organize a backup plan. You keep care of your data. You handle your software. Whatever, you deal with it.
KS, on their side will power your server, keep it connected to the net, and change hardware when its needed.
2) No monthly traffic limit - they (KS) do not guarantee a 100 Mb bandwidth, but you take what you want without limits (keep in mind, your neighbor servers might do do the same thing )
3) See 1) - you do with your setup, your drive, whatever you want.

Anyway, KS is considered as a play and learn server. So, go ahead It is NOT an or other 'virtual environment' like a VPS - you are on your own device, as big as a packet of cigarettes - the drive is even bigger.

heise
12/12/2014, 02h16
1.In case of a HDD failure,is my data mirrored and will it be put to the new one when it is installed?
In case of HDD failure your data is lost and it will most propably take weeks to get HDD fixed.

2.Is there a montly trafic limit of 10 000 GB like on the VPS?
No. Best effort 100MBit/s.

3.Am I allowed to set whatever size of SWAP memory I want?
Yes, use custom installation.

belotinski
12/12/2014, 01h44
Hello Kimufi support,i have few questions .I think about migrating from VPS to a Kimsufi.The questions are.
1.In case of a HDD failure,is my data mirrored and will it be put to the new one when it is installed?
2.Is there a montly trafic limit of 10 000 GB like on the VPS?
3.Am I allowed to set whatever size of SWAP memory I want?