We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

anti-hack (need help)

nowwhat
17/12/2014, 10h03
Hi there.

There is no one to contact some one. The Kimsufi concept means: "All By Yourself". Its a learn- and train server.
If you need some assistance, you have to look some up yourself, some one who knows his way around.

How do I prevent this from happening?
A simple answer, the one that always protects you: DO NOT activate any services and programs on your server that you fully understand and manage.

The IP on your server can not be changed, and there is no need to change it. A server with a security issue like an non safe SSH login, some PHP scripts which permit a hacker to upload its own code etc is TO EASY to find, whatever IP you use..

BEFORE you start to learn how not to employ no-save code and scriopts, first BACKUP your server.
The next time your server is being hacked, KS will take away the server from you (in that case, you will need a new server, with a new IP)..

heise
17/12/2014, 09h45
Don't get hacked or do hacking like activities.

Can I have the IP changed?
No.

Who do I contact for assistance?
Contact them over their website, but be prepared to wait weeks and well there is nothing else they will be able to tell you other than don't get hacked. If you get hacked 3 times they normally cancel your contract and you lose your money.

rodtracyt
17/12/2014, 04h12
My service is placed in anti-hack mode for the second time.

Can I have the IP changed?

Who do I contact for assistance?

Thanks