We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Change ownership of KS4 server (France)

heise
30/12/2014, 19h13
Possible for ca/us accounts, not possible for eu accounts

nowwhat
30/12/2014, 11h44
Yep, as said above: it might be possible. But the paper works would be impressive, and (also) takes time.

I still suggest to focus on the old-fashioned way because it concerns a KS server. Because it works.
This means, when your (one and only) hard disk dies, you will know what to do in the future, because you have had some first hand experience before backing up and restoring a server). Learning this stuff when it actually happens (server crash) is like learning to fly a plane while its heading full speed to the ground.

Another reason is: if you have a "hosting really popular game servers" and things go wrong in the future, KS-teh services will take DAYS to replace your broken drive. When finally the servers comes up with a new, empty drive, it would be important if YOU knew what to do while your fan-club is waiting (for days already).

Btw : shifting from a working server A to a working server B is 'easy' and 'fast' (nearly transparent for your users / clients)

end user
30/12/2014, 11h25
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Hi,

I still didn't see a concrete example where people changed their server to another 'owner'...

Far more easier will be: have your "someone else" looking for a new server.
While doing so, let him 'train' about doing backups with the actual (yours) server. When he (finally) gets one, initiate the transfer.

The needed knowledge won't be a waste of time. KS server have disks that die (all the time), people often start to rebuild a server without files, backups (the all is lost scenario) but your "someone else" will be prepared.

Believe me, it seems some work to do, but it will be easier as doing the paper work when you actually change the owner of a server. Server changing ISN'T a question swapping mails addresses in the Manager. KS likes to know WHO is renting their servers.
Well the server is running pretty good and hosting really popular game servers so its be best to transfer owneship for us. I read this so thought is was possible https://forum.ovh.us/showthread.php/...Kimsufi-server

heise
30/12/2014, 10h15
Not possible.

nowwhat
30/12/2014, 08h53
Hi,

I still didn't see a concrete example where people changed their server to another 'owner'...

Far more easier will be: have your "someone else" looking for a new server.
While doing so, let him 'train' about doing backups with the actual (yours) server. When he (finally) gets one, initiate the transfer.

The needed knowledge won't be a waste of time. KS server have disks that die (all the time), people often start to rebuild a server without files, backups (the all is lost scenario) but your "someone else" will be prepared.

Believe me, it seems some work to do, but it will be easier as doing the paper work when you actually change the owner of a server. Server changing ISN'T a question swapping mails addresses in the Manager. KS likes to know WHO is renting their servers.

end user
30/12/2014, 05h18
I have a KS4 server in Paris that I don't need anymore and need to change the owner ship of the server to someone else who is running services on it atm. What are the steps need to acomplish this? Im located in Canada and he's in France.

Thanks