We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

What is blocking the ports on the server?

nowwhat
08/01/2015, 20h15
Hi.
Citation Envoyé par teesee64
Iptables output:
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:255
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:255

Anyone can tell me what is wrong or what am I doing wrong?
Easy.
Never - ever work with iptables (== firewall) rules except when you fully understand what they do.
Flush/reset/remove all rules.
Why ?
Your server is perfectly well protected without you specifying rules in the firewall.
==> ALL ports are by default NOT blocked, not on your server, not somewhere else.

Your FTP works because the FTP-server program is correctly setup and functioning.
Your SSH works because the SSH-server program is correctly setup and functioning.

Now, your turn to do the same with that minecraft thing.

Later, far in the future, if you have some time left (let's say, a couple of weeks) and you have really nothing else to do, start documenting about this firewall thing, and "iptables" rules. Play with them - learn from them.
But then, at least, you know your services (programs) are set up correctly so if something ges wrong you know your rules are wrong.

Btw: I'm having a server for years, never set or even used iptables (except maybe when using fail2ban).

teesee64
08/01/2015, 16h15
Hi,

I have a dedicated server rented and want to run a minecraft game server on it.

But something is blocking the ports on the server. I only can connect FPT port 21 and SSH port 22 but I need port 255 or port 25565 to be open.

Iptables output:
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:255
ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:255

Anyone can tell me what is wrong or what am I doing wrong?

Please help!!!!

Regards,
Theo