OVH Community, your new community space.

Slow routing to Western US?

janus57
15/04/2015, 23h08
Hello,

It is however not a bandwidth issue; my two Kimsufi's can speak to eachother with the full speed of the connection
OVH <=> OVH, not limited

And USA <=> have more ping than EU<=>EU, so there is a difference witg downlod on single link.

And again BP is "best-effort" so peering and BP have 0 guarantee.

Cordially, janus57

FLIPNEUS
15/04/2015, 22h57
Thanks. I understand that there is no SLA on the network, nor that there is a bandwidth guarantee. It is however not a bandwidth issue; my two Kimsufi's can speak to eachother with the full speed of the connection, and I have no problems with the download speeds when I'm in Europe. However, somewhere in the chain to the US, there is a significant routing issue / congestion, significantly dropping the speed. Even if I run a speedtest through proof.ovh.net I don't get more than 10 MBit down or up from RBX to Denver, BHS is relatively okay.

SD90078-OVH
15/04/2015, 12h04
Hi,
the is no SLA on network neither bandwith guarantee.
if one of you neighbor consumes a lot of traffic, your bandwith will be reduced.

FLIPNEUS
15/04/2015, 05h06
Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks, I'm noticing a significant degredation of speed from my two Kimsufi server in RBX to my home in Colorado. In late 2014, I easily achieved 30 / 40 MBit in speedtests from those server, but lately I don't even get close to 10 MBit. Has something changed in the routing tables, or is the connection very congested these days?

My last resort is switching to servers in BHS, but they are more expensive, and don't have 2 TB of storage.

Thanks.