OVH Community, your new community space.

KIMSUFI does not let me enter a proper reverse

janus57
11/06/2015, 19h13
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Another thing : when you add an IPv4 reverse, wasn't there a remark that you should add something like this to your zone before proceeding :

Or is this not needed anymore ?
Hello,

no need for reverse, only A record on the IPv4 and/or IPv6

ownercheck record are just for secondary DNS.

Cordially, janus57

nowwhat
11/06/2015, 19h02
Another thing : when you add an IPv4 reverse, wasn't there a remark that you should add something like this to your zone before proceeding :
ownercheck IN TXT "ad7d6725"
Or is this not needed anymore ?

janus57
11/06/2015, 16h15
Hello,

Fixed it, taking in part your advice. Switched DNS back to OVH. And it worked virtually immediately. Reason: KIMSUFI assumes (wrong!) that OVH domains always use at least OVH DNS servers
nope, for some domain (test domain) i use the "freenom" DNS server (for the .tk domain) and for some other domain i use the "namecheap" free DNS service.

For all the 2 free service i have to wait about 6hours to have the correct DNS entries in my ISP DNS (Orange - France), 24Hours for some other french ISP and about 6H to 24H for OVH to change reverse.

And of top of that reverse have also a cache, so you have to wait up to 48H to wait the reverse "spread" to some email service that block email from a "default" reverse.

Welcome in the wonderfull world of internet full of cache system to optimize en reduce cost.

P.S. I suggest to use OVH DNS because they are "free" and included with the domain, and really easy to configure, i always use the DNS of my registrar because it's juste 10x more simple than bind9.

Cordially, janus57

hotmifi
11/06/2015, 15h14
Fixed it, taking in part your advice. Switched DNS back to OVH. And it worked virtually immediately. Reason: KIMSUFI assumes (wrong!) that OVH domains always use at least OVH DNS servers. And searches these servers only! Result: you cannot direct an OVH domain to KIMSUFI servers without using OVH DNS servers. Full stop. Directing an OVH domain outside the OVH realm is no problem with your own set of name servers.

hotmifi
11/06/2015, 14h27
Thanks for the advice. It was only like 18h ago, when I entered my own DNS servers. so I'll give it another night.

janus57
11/06/2015, 14h22
Citation Envoyé par hotmifi
I am using my own DNS servers because I am managing more domains. For flexibility and for personal control.
Still I do not understand why KIMSUFI cannot resove my domain when I can do it from US, from France (actually an OVH server!) and from Germany. Nobody forces them to use outdated DNS servers. Disappointed.
Hello,

you don't know what called "DNS spread" (like few hours up to 24H) ?

99% of DNS server use cache to make DNS resolution more efficient, some DNS server have more aggressive cache than other, OVH seem to have a "medium" cache policy according with all ISP or most of them.

When i do test with my first reply the link (https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/verdacht.ovh) said that 3location don't know your IP (France was in that 3 locations).

Now it seem all DNs server (or 90% of them) know your IP adress, so know you should be able to change the reverse or wait few hours to "DNS spread".

P.S. like all sysadmin know, dns modification are not instantly spread around the world, the time to "spread" are différent in all country and server and depend on the DNS policy of the ISP or hosting company.

Cordially, janus57

hotmifi
11/06/2015, 13h16
I am using my own DNS servers because I am managing more domains. For flexibility and for personal control.
Still I do not understand why KIMSUFI cannot resove my domain when I can do it from US, from France (actually an OVH server!) and from Germany. Nobody forces them to use outdated DNS servers. Disappointed.

janus57
11/06/2015, 12h54
Hello,

when have you change de A record for "verdacht.ovh" ?

I think KS use DNS cache (like all ISP), so you have to wait some minutes/hours to update the reverse.

The last time i make the A record the evening (same error), so i got to the bed and change the reverse the morning and all working (and all DNS have "learned the IP during the night).

Sample test : https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/verdacht.ovh

P.S. why don't use the OVH DNS server ?

Cordially, janus57

hotmifi
11/06/2015, 12h13
I understand KIMSUFI dashboard cannot check my reverse IP. But I cannot help it and I need a proper reverse entry. Is there anyhing I can do to fix it?

This is my domain: verdacht.ovh

dig @8.8.8.8 verdacht.ovh any

; <<>> DiG 9.8.4-rpz2+rl005.12-P1 <<>> @8.8.8.8 verdacht.ovh any
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 6621
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 6, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;verdacht.ovh. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
verdacht.ovh. 21599 IN SOA y9mrzkzitwoerdpe.myfritz.net. fmfischer.gmail.com. 201506113 28800 14400 2419200 86400
verdacht.ovh. 21599 IN MX 10 smtp.verdacht.ovh.
verdacht.ovh. 21599 IN NS ngopfypjxjtu8o2m.myfritz.net.
verdacht.ovh. 21599 IN NS y9mrzkzitwoerdpe.myfritz.net.
verdacht.ovh. 21599 IN A 91.121.156.41
verdacht.ovh. 21599 IN AAAA 2001:41d0:1:dd29::1

;; Query time: 139 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Jun 11 11:11:13 2015
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 223

So if Google can check my domain, why not KIMSUFI?

Regards,