OVH Community, your new community space.

Problem trying to login through Putty

AndresW
18/08/2015, 21h48
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Hi,

You can see the server ssh access logs when you reboot your server in rescue mode.
You will receive a mail with a temporarily 'root' + password login.
Use Putty to enter (this should work - if not : you will KNOW for sure that your issue is Putty related - not the server)
When you entered, mount your hard drive partitions.
Have a look at the sshd log file to see your login attempts, and what went wrong.

Btw, when you are in rescue mode, and you 'chrooted', you can init a new root password.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
How do i reboot my server in rescude mode? I tried Remote reboot on the options i have on the main page.

Thanks again.

AndresW
18/08/2015, 21h46
Citation Envoyé par janus57
Hello,

which version of putty ?
HDD health ?
logs ?

Cordially, janus57
1- PuTTY 0.64
2- Where should i check the HDD health? in the Real Time Monitoring page?

nowwhat
14/08/2015, 08h28
Hi,

You can see the server ssh access logs when you reboot your server in rescue mode.
You will receive a mail with a temporarily 'root' + password login.
Use Putty to enter (this should work - if not : you will KNOW for sure that your issue is Putty related - not the server)
When you entered, mount your hard drive partitions.
Have a look at the sshd log file to see your login attempts, and what went wrong.

Btw, when you are in rescue mode, and you 'chrooted', you can init a new root password.

janus57
14/08/2015, 06h49
Hello,

which version of putty ?
HDD health ?
logs ?

Cordially, janus57

AndresW
13/08/2015, 18h40
Hi,
I purchased the server service, but since the beginning i have issues trying to login to the server.
All i receive is a message error saying my root password is not correct (though the first time i input the password, it worked perfectly, and now it doesn't work anymore).

I opened a couple of tickets already without any answer coming my side.
Can you please at least provide some feedback thats not user-error related?

Things i've tried;

1- Login from different computers
2- Different security Putty configurations
3- Rebooting the server

Thank you.
Regards,

Andres