OVH Community, your new community space.

Does Kimsufi Support even exist?

janus57
30/08/2015, 13h32
Hello,

network SLA is only for IPv4 i think.

Cordially, janus57

Patrick.Othmer
30/08/2015, 10h32
Kimsufi does provide support. It's slow but you get answers. 24/7 GTI monitoring and network SLA 99.9% disagree. I have for months problems with IPv6 that have not been solved so far. Cheap Server and good support do you get at soyoustart.com or another provider.

nowwhat
27/08/2015, 13h20
Hello,

The KS support is a special case, because
1) Low revenues (probably related to the low renting prices). So, I guess there are no "buildings filled up with customers support desks" - questions are handled one by one.
Normally, this is NO issue at all, because servers are rented as Training :: Move from theory to practice with a server that will support you throughout university and beyond. Discover the role of a sysadmin and enhance your skills. - the rest is commercial blabla and everybody knows by now that. We are in 2015 - so we all have years of "how to recognize pure publicity" experience.
2) The nasty one : From what I've heard, somethings changed : before, in the past, only confirmed admins dared renting a KS (just discover why a KS is named KS, where it stands for - and you know that Support/SLA was ditched). Today, people don't read first anymore - everybody just sees them because they are (way to) "cheap". I don't need to explain more, its clear :
Its easy what one will find in the KS ticket support queue:.

Ticket 458712236/45
Hi, I have a problem : I need help. I don't know what to do.

Ticket 458581155/78
This servers stinks, can you spray it ?

Ticket 532147825/85
Hi,
I formatted my server, can you restore your backup on it ?

Etc etc...
You'll get the picture : supporting a KS client is a time consuming job.

So : Do yourself a favor: as soon as you left your 'training phase' with KS, take a better server (read more support).

janus57
27/08/2015, 12h44
Hello,

like i said Kimusif have no SLA if support is critial for you go here : http://www.soyoustart.com

The last time i use the support i got a respond in 5 day (open).

It's not a magic if KS server are very chep, hardware recycled + low support => cheap server.

Cordially, janus57

resi
27/08/2015, 11h18
Thanks GlitchP, I thought no one will understand in this forum.

i start at weekend and write every day 3 or 4 answers in my ticket ^^

If you really need support times I would possibly look for another supplier.

GlitchP
27/08/2015, 11h12
Citation Envoyé par janus57
Hello,

no support on week-end, see the website.

Support is Mon - Fri / 9am to 6pm

Cordially, janus57
Yes but it is now THURSDAY, which means over 4 days without a response.

I'm giving them till the end of business today to respond and then I will be initiating a chargeback with my bank for failure to provide a service.

janus57
26/08/2015, 21h45
Hello,

no support on week-end, see the website.

Support is Mon - Fri / 9am to 6pm

Cordially, janus57

resi
26/08/2015, 16h54
Yeah but SUNDAY mornig no answer really. This is no slow support this is no support.

janus57
26/08/2015, 16h42
Hello,

spam the forum is useless since it's a user-end forum and not support forum =)

KS have NO SLA, so no minimum response time.

Cordially, janus57

resi
26/08/2015, 16h14
This seems to be standard I'm waiting since Sunday morning
I already spam via the contact form (e-mail), support tickets and Forum. But nothing happens: D

GlitchP
26/08/2015, 15h39
Over the past 24 hours I have tried to contact support to try and get some help validating my account, however there have been no responses or even an acknowledgement of receipt for either the email I have sent in, the support ticket I have raised or even the tweet I have sent.

Naturally the money was taken from my account immediately however a simple support question has not even been acknowledge.

So have all the support staff been killed by zombies? And more importantly is this a sign of what technical support i'm likely to receive should the need arise?