OVH Community, your new community space.

Cant connect to putty

nowwhat
10/09/2015, 23h29
Hi,

I've seen the same thing. Couldn't connect using CS to my SYS.
Then I did the simple thing: I threw this in Google: "SSH Tunnel: Server does not support diffie-hellman-group-sha1 for keyexchange"
He told me that : the problem is fixed in Putty 0.65

With other word : update your software ..... (Putty)

Btw : never had any problems with MySQL - can acces it with phpmyadmin (latest, of course), my mailserver (postyfix, of course), my web site sites (wordpress, e107) using PHP 5.6 and a boatload of shell scripts, perl, pythoh, teamspeak, etc.

edit:
Your subject : Cant connect to putty
YOU connect to Putty ????
You are surry about that ?
How do you connect to Putty ?
I 'launch' Putty, it's a program on my PC.

Maybe I didn't understand you question ....

noob
10/09/2015, 22h29
This dont help, but i have reinstalled my server...

Can u tell me pls why i cant connect to my server via Navicat to my DB? I became one error: SSH Tunnel: Server does not support diffie-hellman-group-sha1 for keyexchange

before always all was fine, but now I cant connect to DB server mysql.

https://community.navicat.com/forum/...via-ssh-tunnel

nowwhat
09/09/2015, 07h06
Citation Envoyé par noob
... and than i have logged out my putty terminal. I sinked all is ok, but now i cant connect to my server,
Noo(p/b)
That not logic.
What if ... you did make a mistake ?
The good procedure is : KEEP the SSH session open and open a second (or third, fourth) session.
If you can enter, your are ok.
If you can't, then you have your first, initial session so you can retry and do better (edeting the ssh config file, and restart ssh)

Citation Envoyé par noob
ssh rejects the remote connection. I have a couple of files in the server and it is very important to get it back, so, i dont wont reinstall the server. Can u help me pls?
I do not have an English help file for you, but there is one here : https://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread...ans-le-manager
When you restart in rescue mode, the public key you put in the Manager will be (installed and) used by the server.
You, using Putty, which you instruct to use your private key, will be able to login. As always, mount your partition, edit again your ssh config files (this time, no thinking, just do it the right way) and you will be fine.

noob
09/09/2015, 06h49
Hallo, im tried to set up default security key ssh putty, and than i have logged out my putty terminal. I sinked all is ok, but now i cant connect to my server, ssh rejects the remote connection. I have a couple of files in the server and it is very important to get it back, so, i dont wont reinstall the server. Can u help me pls?