OVH Community, your new community space.

How to set reverse dns for my IPv6 address?

gtufano
13/11/2015, 11h18
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Not being able to set the reverse of an IPv6 makes this IP pretty unusable for mail transactions.
Many would complain in that case.
yes. That's exactly the point. I'll probably end disabling IPv6 (at least for smtp) but it's a strange limitation, really.

nowwhat
13/11/2015, 11h12
Not being able to set the reverse of an IPv6 makes this IP pretty unusable for mail transactions.
Many would complain in that case.

I do not have a KS anymore, I only have a VPS 'classic' and a SYS server.
The VPS has, like a KS, only one IPv4 and one IPv6. I can set the reverse of both IP's with the 'new' Manager.

gtufano
13/11/2015, 10h34
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
If possible (and I guess so), it is been done in the Manager - there where you set also the IPv4 reverse.
Thank you for the suggestion (appreciated), but that's what I made a couple years ago (to set it to what it points now)... now I can only set the IPv4 reverse (I also tried the old interface, just in case).

I suspect this is a build limitation for Kimsufi... it would be nice if someone from OVH would chime in to confirm that.

nowwhat
11/11/2015, 09h50
If possible (and I guess so), it is been done in the Manager - there where you set also the IPv4 reverse.

I left KS a long time ago (I went to SYS) and I think these servers have nearly the same "Server Manager" - and I can set the reverse of every IPv6 I have.

gtufano
10/11/2015, 15h59
I cannot change the reverse ipv6.
My current kimsufi server have an ipv4 address (and a reverse ipv4 correctly set). I also have an ipv6 address, but I cannot set the reverse.
There is an AAAA record correctly pointing to the right address in my DNS (not hosted on OVH).
In the manager --> ip --> modify the reverse I'm only offered the ipv4 (that's already correctly set).
'host myipv6' returns a (very) old address, not existing anymore (no AAAA records for it).

Any hint/suggestion?