OVH Community, your new community space.

How to connect to ftp??

nowwhat
08/01/2016, 16h46
Citation Envoyé par creepydamn
where do i get my SSH client? ... fast answer?
Yes. Easy ! where do i get my SSH client?
Bonus : free explanation guides, tips - everything.

If you have a PC (not MAC) then the first link is the jackpot.

Remember : never ever wait for an answer when Google (other search engines might do the job ....) can answer your question in a fraction of a second

creepydamn
08/01/2016, 13h45
Citation Envoyé par JohnettaLuesc
FileZilla is a free tool to operate ftp,
I think you are not using it in appropriate manner,
do you want to explain more?

I already have done it thanks

nowwhat
08/01/2016, 11h23
Citation Envoyé par creepydamn
Can you help me - where do i get my SSH client? Can you give me some tutorial or a fast answer?
Don't worry.
There is a 'thing' that can always answer you.
You laready have it.
It's called Google.

Use your post as an example (it's as easy as that !!).
Can you help me - where do i get my SSH client? Can you give me some tutorial or a fast answer?

This would be a better question: What is a good Windows SSH client ? (I guess you agree with this question )

and you need to read a little bit. (anyway, you have a server now, you are gonad read an awful lot).

The SSH Client program (for Windows) you are looking for, is called Putty, and you can find it here : http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html (Yep, that is the original site of the author).
DO NOT just install - DO read the DOC, FAQ, whatever.

JohnettaLuesc
08/01/2016, 09h29
FileZilla is a free tool to operate ftp,
I think you are not using it in appropriate manner,
do you want to explain more?

creepydamn
04/01/2016, 18h37

janus57
04/01/2016, 18h32
Hello,

Wait, how do install ftp server? When i log in to kimsufi (via panel) there is nothing like 'ftp' or 'install ftp' there are not much things to do. Where do i have to login to create ftp server>?
you are the admin of the server so get your SSH client and install a FTP server

Cordialement, janus57

creepydamn
04/01/2016, 18h21
Wait, how do install ftp server? When i log in to kimsufi (via panel) there is nothing like 'ftp' or 'install ftp' there are not much things to do. Where do i have to login to create ftp server>?

I Created server, i have my root and password. But where do i log in to that so i can create ftp server?

janus57
04/01/2016, 18h14
Hello,

first install FTP server, configure en secure it then try to connect.

Other methode, add simple user on your OS Linux/Unix and use SFTP -package with ssh so already installed).

Note : never ever try to connect as root.

Cordialement, janus57

nowwhat
04/01/2016, 14h44
Well .....

You should ask this question to the guy that maintains your server
Remember : you are your own host now (KS only gave you some hardware and pre-installs some software for you), so any capability your server shoukld offer to you, should be installed / activated first.

The short answer is : FIRST setup your FTP server on your KS server - its your job, you are the admin..
(and when doing so, you would know the login settings for a FTP client like Filezilla)
Then : use Filezilla t connect to your server.

Btw : you have already the 'server' part of your question, its ksxxx.dd.fff.net or the IP of your server.

creepydamn
04/01/2016, 13h59
Hello.. iam new in this. I need help.
Can some1 tell me how to connect to ftp on kimsufi servers?

I downloaded 'filezilla'. I need 'server', 'username' and 'password' - where do i get those? Can some1 help? thanks