OVH Community, your new community space.

Purchasing US Server

jakesully123456
09/01/2016, 10h56
Citation Envoyé par Kitty
I can't see any reason why the law wouldn't allow you to rent one. OVH, on the other hand, may not let you for their own reasons.

But if they do, or if you use another supplier, then depending on what you intend to use it for you may have to consider the legal situation regarding the storing of EU-citizens' data on servers located outside of the EU.
Citation Envoyé par JohnettaLuesc
It sounds nice that you are purchasing KS 3. I am using KS 4 but in my opinion, legislation issues will still matter.
All I indent to use it for is a Minecraft server! So I'm not storing any data which is covered by the Data Protection Act. It only covers data such as names, addresses, etc. This data cannot be used to identify the individual.

JohnettaLuesc
08/01/2016, 09h24
It sounds nice that you are purchasing KS 3. I am using KS 4 but in my opinion, legislation issues will still matter.

Kitty
07/01/2016, 21h28
I can't see any reason why the law wouldn't allow you to rent one. OVH, on the other hand, may not let you for their own reasons.

But if they do, or if you use another supplier, then depending on what you intend to use it for you may have to consider the legal situation regarding the storing of EU-citizens' data on servers located outside of the EU.

jakesully123456
07/01/2016, 20h11
Hello,
The US version of the KS-3 is more suited to my particular needs and is more frequently in stock.
I was wondering if it's possible to purchase that even though I'm in the UK, I'm asking both if Kimsufi will allow this's and if it is accepted within the (UK) law.
Kind regards,
Sam Sully