We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cancel order (before delivery)

vac
18/05/2016, 22h30
And now, despite only having a few days at OVH, I am starting to understand others frustrations...
Let's be clear, their ToS clearly states I have a contractual right to withdraw the order within the first seven days (without the need for justification), and so I have. They delivered me the server anyway (and, obviously, charged me for it).

So not to make matters worst, I have taken due care to not have that server abused while I waited for the reply from support (to solve this matter). Lets just say my previous experience tells me it's bad to have a server sitting on PXE...
I've promptly solved that by letting the machine idle with a vanilla Linux protected with a SSH key.

Now, out of the blue, the first reply I've got is "I see an OS so no refund". Plain and blunt (it's not even close to what their ToS says...)

So I get the server I didn't want, protect OVH from being abused while the matter is being solved and the 1st reply I get is just "screw you". Nice...
Let's see how this plays-out, let's hope my experience won't be just an evaluation of how their "Centre Européen de la Consommation" works (http://www.cec-zev.eu/fr/une-questio...-votre-litige/) -- I was really looking forward to something more servers related...

vac
18/05/2016, 19h27
And now, despite only having a few days at OVH, I am starting to understand others frustrations...
Let's be clear, their ToS clearly states I have a contractual right to withdraw the order within the first seven days (without the need for justification), and so I have. They delivered me the server anyway (and, obviously, charged me for it).

So not to make matters worst, I have taken due care to not have that server abused while I waited for the reply from support (to solve this matter). Lets just say my previous experience tells me it's bad to have a server sitting on PXE...
I've promptly solved that by letting the machine idle with a vanilla Linux protected with a SSH key.

Now, out of the blue, the first reply I've got is "I see an OS so no refund". Plain and blunt (it's not even close to what their ToS says...)

So I get the server I didn't want, protect OVH from being abused while the matter is being solved and the 1st reply I get is just "screw you". Nice...
Let's see how this plays-out, judging from this 1st reply, I'm guessing I'll have to start finding the french equivalent of "small claims court" (maybe this --> http://www.cec-zev.eu/fr/une-questio...-votre-litige/).

One thing I can tell you, rest assured that I'll bother!

vac
18/05/2016, 12h24
Update: Despite the ticket, a support message (via the site), and finally this thread, the order just went through anyway (server was just delivered and payment was taken). Not really sure what happened here, will try to contact them later (once I am not so busy with work).

vac
17/05/2016, 16h58
I have gone through their general Terms of Service and, much like in my own country, they do have a provision (their article 13) which follows the EU directive (incorporated into French law, articles L. 121-20 of the French Consumer Code) which gives the customer the right to withdraw an online purchase within 7 days (without any need for justification).

Given I have notified them before the service was ever provided (just minutes after placing the order), I'm feeling confident things will sort themselves.
So far I haven't had any problem with support, they were actually quite fast responding to my pre-sales question.

Gaurav
17/05/2016, 07h45
none will help.
Support sucks too much.
8 days gone. my server was not delivered, also one server is suspended even after payment

janus57
17/05/2016, 01h06
Hello,

you can try, contact the support.

Cordialement, janus57

vac
17/05/2016, 00h55
Hi,

Am I allowed to cancel an order before delivery?
Just found-out (minutes after ordering) that I cannot use the server for what I intended to...

Yap, my luck is just like that...

Cheers