We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Server not booting after 16.04 upgrade (not pinging)

PsyKoMari
09/06/2016, 19h18
Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Yes.
Easy.
Only ONE person can find out what happened.
You.
(we do not have access to your server - and btw : what is "16.04" ?)

When you are in rescue mode,
MOUNT
your partitions.
And then tel us what you found in /mnt/var/log/dmesg (your serveur boot log) ...... (the last 50 lines or so).

Btw : why posting in the KS forum if you have a OVH server ? (The SYS servers also have there own forum)
Btw i'm on Kimsufi dedicated server, I writed ovh because I pasted this question from another forum topic,
16.04 is ubuntu

PsyKoMari
09/06/2016, 19h09
Yes, really thank you I opened this file and founded the problem!
In fact the disk was mounted in read only (idk why) and after fixing that with fsck and touch /forcefsck I rebooted from the disk and booted correctly.
Thank you again

PsyKoMari
09/06/2016, 18h16

Btw : why posting in the KS forum if you have a OVH server ? (The SYS servers also have there own forum)
Sorry, I pasted this question here from another forum, but I have a dedicated Kimsufi (my bad)

what is "16.04" ?
Sorry again 16.04 Ubuntu

Here's my log, i think the problem is here in these lines, maybe the sda2 readonly? http://pastebin.com/kmWEAF51
Also thank you to make me know about this path

nowwhat
09/06/2016, 17h09
Citation Envoyé par PsyKoMari
S....
After that the server rebooted in rescue mode .
Any ideas?
Yes.
Easy.
Only ONE person can find out what happened.
You.
(we do not have access to your server - and btw : what is "16.04" ?)

When you are in rescue mode,
MOUNT
your partitions.
And then tel us what you found in /mnt/var/log/dmesg (your serveur boot log) ...... (the last 50 lines or so).

PsyKoMari
09/06/2016, 16h30
Some days ago I upgraded my server to Ubuntu 16.04, all fine and when I rebooted the server rebooted to rescue.

I fixed package conflicts with apt-get autoremove and apt-get upgrade etc... I also tried to repair grub mounting my hd in /mnt and working with chroot, it seems all ok.

When I try to reboot from hard drive, the server ping for 1 second. After a few minutes I received this e-mail from support:

The server has started (login is requested on the screen) but inaccessible by the network (not pinging). A restart on the OVH Kernel ('netboot') does not correct the problem.

After that the server rebooted in rescue mode .
Any ideas?