We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Why the people's support of KIMSUFI don´t answer to our questions?

nowwhat
05/09/2016, 17h10
Citation Envoyé par cwaterhouse
Then I clearly came to to wrong place
Installing an OS on a fresh, new server is a service offered and maintained by "KS".
It should work.
If not : contact them (using the Manager) - this forum is a user-to-user forum (as you found out already : no KS personnel is posting here - and even better (read : worse : they will not reply ).

It is NOT my ~ISP! The server I had before (less than a month ago) which I let go as I wanted a bigger HDD got full speed 24/7 and (believe it or not) it is in the SAME RACK as my current server in GRA1 ! So explain that!?
KS servers are recycled, existing servers. They are old, ex value added servers (ancient SYS and OVH servers) - most KS servers aren't placed in their dedicated data centers or rack, they could be any where.

Yes I installed any old Operating system (the default one Debian I think) and then did the OS I wanted again - no joy. Even Owncloud failed to deliver any speed.
Ah, some thing changed !!
So, an OS did install, but you didn't like the speed ... (network throughput ?)
KS servers do not have an "SLA network" (using other words ; the day you wind up with a lousy 250 Kbits / sec from your server, then, according the contract, that will be no problem).

No way I would look at ANY OVH servers, they are all on the same network afterall and it's an over subcribed shitty one at that. Paying for one is not a problem - Paying extra for support is not a problem either.
No way.
Check out - compare the selling conditions of a KS server and a OVH server.
They are very different.

Seeing someone on the OVH forum waiting over 7 days for a reply IS a problem, and they DID pay extra (I asked them)
There might be extra costs : for 99 %, this will be "having the broken hard disk being send over to you".
I didn't saw other "bills" being send from KS to the clients (reading this forum for the last several years now). From what I know : KS changes broken hardware - for free .... and that's it.
Waiting 7 days isn't even the worst delay. Check out the (this) forum. It could be even more.

"you better start training using it right now"
I was talking about the (KS) rescue mode [How-To] Rescue Mode
Every server, every server reseller offers a comparable mode.
I add to that : even if your server works right on : USE this mode, even if you do it just ones. Far to many people start to read about rescue mode when it is already to late.

Sure - i'll do that - right after you take an attitude adjustment class at the school of go FUCK yourself, i'll see you there! x
I didn't want to be personal. Sorry if you felt it that way.

I like to add to this that I left my KS server that I was using for 4 years - two years ago, because I didn't like the new (actual) conditions. I switched to a SYS (SoYouStart) server.
KS servers were quiet excellent "in the past". Now a day, well .... no, thanks.
(ok, true, the price is good).

cwaterhouse
05/09/2016, 11h02
Then I clearly came to to wrong place

It is NOT my ~ISP! The server I had before (less than a month ago) which I let go as I wanted a bigger HDD got full speed 24/7 and (believe it or not) it is in the SAME RACK as my current server in GRA1 ! So explain that!?

Yes I installed any old Operating system (the default one Debian I think) and then did the OS I wanted again - no joy. Even Owncloud failed to deliver any speed.

No way I would look at ANY OVH servers, they are all on the same network afterall and it's an over subcribed shitty one at that. Paying for one is not a problem - Paying extra for support is not a problem either.

Seeing someone on the OVH forum waiting over 7 days for a reply IS a problem, and they DID pay extra (I asked them)

So, as promised I went to Hetzner and I got this.

Intel Core i7-2600
4x HDD 4,0 TB SATA Enterprise
4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3 ECC
NIC 1000Mbit
- Intel I210
€ 43.36
NO SETUP FEE

Beats the shit out of OVH in every way - AND to top it off on this server/network I get FULL speed.

"you better start training using it right now"

Sure - i'll do that - right after you take an attitude adjustment class at the school of go FUCK yourself, i'll see you there! x

nowwhat
05/09/2016, 10h05
.... and then NO support - so I am now 30 euros down with a server that does not work right (no matter how many times I re install the OS I want to use) and no way to get support.
Ho - Ho !!!!
YOU are on the (end) user to end user forum.
This forum IS NOT the KS-tech support forum.
When you talk about your support issues, you should mention them with many details - NOT just saying : "I have a problem". We, as users like you, can imangine what your problems are. We are humains, we need details.

Seems all the shitty comments about OVH being a crap network now are right - cest la vie!
You should check your ISP.
The right information isn't coming over to your place.

Please, DO check a server from OVH : https://www.ovh.com/us/ and the related, contractual services.
These come with VIP - "questions answered in 60 minutes etc" guarantees, etc.
KS servers are, on the other hand, different. You should know that KS is "french" adverb for "I deal with it myself - whay ever happens - no exceptions " or, the more favorite one "I'm do NOT want to pay for assistance that I DO NOT to want have".

Read again the KS site - front page : it's a "learn-and-fool-arround server" (kowning that students are never in a rush .... )

Now, abour your problem.
Did you try to install another OS ? Take one you don't want -- you don't care, you could wipe it with a click anyway.
Did that worked out ?
If it does : you're done : post a tickeht in the Manager (not here !) and tell them !

DID you boot into rescue mode ? (->This one will save your live ones - you better start training using it right now, this rescue mode - or be ready to invest all your tiime for nothing )
When you use rescue mode, you can do a complete hardware test (read : hard disk test - memory test).
If the resultuts say : "no good" then do what you have to do : NOT posting here - on the forum.
Open a ticket in the KS Manager.
And please .......... do not say in that ticket "I have a problem" ... (they already know) but describe your problem - copy past results and details etc - and by patient.
KS tech services only repairs hardware problems. And its even worse ; up to you to proof it's a hardware problem.
There is only ONE positve side : they are not expensive.=

edit : btw : true, support from KS can be slow.
As server delivery - etc.
That is known.

cwaterhouse
04/09/2016, 14h48
"On top of that all software issue if up to you to resolve it." I have to resolve all the problems that you give me when you SUPPLY an OS? .. ok..

That's fine.

Well FTP is slow and any and ALL attempts to connect to anything via the server fails - so it's really a pile of shit isn't it. I'll be asking my credit card company to claw this back because it's not fit for sale.

And then I'll close the ticket I have open, wipe the server and let it run out and then sign up to Hetzner.

Problem solved!

janus57
04/09/2016, 12h39
Hello,

the KS support is only by ticket, the forum in for community support.

On top of that all software issue if up to you to resolve it.

Cordially, janus57

cwaterhouse
04/09/2016, 12h32
They are a rip off - 9,99 setup charge for 5 second process, and then NO support - so I am now 30 euros down with a server that does not work right (no matter how many times I re install the OS I want to use) and no way to get support.

Seems all the shitty comments about OVH being a crap network now are right - cest la vie!

cwaterhouse
04/09/2016, 11h10
I am pretty sure they say forum based support but they don't offer any

It is a shame, my FTP problem means I will not be renewing and they don't seem to care about that. It's a shame I found the server I wanted to rent in the DC I wanted it to be in (considering it's now pot luck that's a blessing) but now I will have to go to Germany or Amsterdam to get a decent service

I like the way GRA is near the Nuclear power plant and the sea. Only matters to me of course.

Guy on the OVH forum has been waiting longer than me for support - and they pay full price.

Says it all really.

Maybe they are too busy hooking the Jungle up with internet?

nikops
01/09/2016, 13h07
Hello
I want know , Why the people's support of KIMSUFI don´t answer to our questions?
It is one disappointing support