We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Man, there is a huge disconnect between OVH proper and Kimsufi support/quality...

nowwhat
06/11/2016, 18h42
Citation Envoyé par Dmnchild
Very disappointed in kimsufi from the experience Ive had since receiving my server yesterday. (I have none of these problems with my OVH proper server. Their support is much more timely)
KS is great for ONE thing :
-> You know what to do ... no need to have assistance for setting up a program, or even firewall rules for that matter.
(if your server gets rebooted by KS - simply deactivate this functionality in the Manager that manages your KS - they won't reset your server anymore.)
(btw : who needs a firewall ? I have NONE the last 10 years or so - note that I do setup my programs and services the correct way)

OVH servers aare just bigger in every way : bigger CPU, more RAM, more recent mother board. This doesn't make your server running any better.
They also have a guaranteed band width to the net - KS has NONE.
And a support which can help faster if hardware breaks down. As far as I know, they do NOT asist you with tour server when it concerns software issues ...

The price also explains everything - if not all.

Dmnchild
05/11/2016, 06h49
Opened a ticket about 9 hours ago regarding my service.

My server s hows as order in process, even though its already active. So its not showing up in control panel.
They keep rebooting it because of a "Fault" which I believe is just my firewall blocking the pings.
I made an exception to the firewall to allow the specified IP to come through, and it still is rebooting my server continuously.

I am getting spammed non stop with their emails that I cannot apparently opt out of. (Or at least until my server shows up in control panel? I dont know...)

Very disappointed in kimsufi from the experience Ive had since receiving my server yesterday. (I have none of these problems with my OVH proper server. Their support is much more timely)

Very much considering refunding this out and just paying the few bucks more for an online.net server at this point. Better hardware, better speeds, and anything is better than this support.