We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Server Not connecting

nowwhat
12/01/2017, 19h35
Citation Envoyé par aaqib
.....How do i access the server ssh is not working
=>
...that's where the rescue mode comes in ....
I advise you to read this How-To - Tutorials. The first one " Important : [How-To] Rescue Mode " is just perfect for you.

janus57
12/01/2017, 19h27
Hello,

go in rescue mode

Cordially, janus57

aaqib
12/01/2017, 18h55
Thanks for the reply man. I have a backup on a remote server so that's not the issue.

The issue is i am not able to connect to the server because none of the accounts are working.How do i access the server ssh is not working

Citation Envoyé par nowwhat
Hi,

As always, backup everything FIRST.
Then, you have some choices to make, like :
Undo what your command did. You copied, so no files are gone, just copied. So : what about copying them back ? That's where the rescue mode comes in ....
Or : use your backup (settings in /etc, your sites, databases etc are still there) and re-install. This is a great test, because this knowledge is so badly needed, your drive will die one (means : you loose everything except .... your backup)
Or : use your backup from yesterday (or before) to get everything straight again.

nowwhat
12/01/2017, 16h20
Hi,

As always, backup everything FIRST.
Then, you have some choices to make, like :
Undo what your command did. You copied, so no files are gone, just copied. So : what about copying them back ? That's where the rescue mode comes in ....
Or : use your backup (settings in /etc, your sites, databases etc are still there) and re-install. This is a great test, because this knowledge is so badly needed, your drive will die one (means : you loose everything except .... your backup)
Or : use your backup from yesterday (or before) to get everything straight again.

aaqib
11/01/2017, 22h49
Hi,

I accidentally executed mv command inside the root directory and i think it moved all the files into a sub folder. I am no longer able to connect to the server using ssh it says "Server Unexceptedly closed the connected" all my sites are gone. How do i get access back to server and revert it back to original state?