We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hosting a subdomain on a Kimsufi Dedicated?

Dragoboss
17/02/2017, 17h18
Bump.
Any more experienced user around who can enlighten me about this?

Dragoboss
13/02/2017, 22h47
Dear all,

I am trying to host a sub-domain of my domain-name on the apache server of my Kimsufi dedicated server.
This domain name, 'berrycraft.me' is registered with GoDaddy and forwarded to Enjin through nameserver records.
At Enjin I made NS records for subdomain 'tools'.

Now I know the base of this works because I first forwarded the 'tools' subdomain to another test host previously and that worked fine.
However doing it on a dedicated like this is another challenge...
Currently I am unable to figure out how to properly set this up with DNS Zone records in Bind9, etc.
I get the basics of the process but I can't seem to get the right configurations.

Anyone here that has some more experience with this sort of thing and can help me set it up?
I have already registered 'tools.berrycraft.me' into the Kimsufi Control panel. Access to the OVH control panel seems to be a 'nope' for me right now. According to an email I got after the server was delivered they made a NicHandle on OVH.ie for me however I cannot seem to use that to log into anything....

I hope someone is willing to help me with figuring this out!